Adobe Photoshop is an trade commonplace when it comes with picture modifying and manipulation software program for the Home windows platform. Photoshop helps all of the picture codecs from jpg to png.
Nevertheless, some customers have reported that they don’t seem to be unable to work with any pictures resulting from a Not a PNG file error. If the person clicks on OK, the picture doesn’t load into the Work space.
You are watching: adobe photoshop error not a png file
This can be a frequent error and now we have compiled a listing of doable fixes to resolve it on a Home windows laptop.
Why Photoshop received’t open PNG information?
1. Replace Photoshop
Photoshop consistently will get up to date with new options and higher compatibility, so you will have to replace it to the most recent model as a way to make the most of these new options.
Adobe Photoshop is probably the most acknowledged picture editor on the planet, and to keep up its spot on the prime, Adobe is consistently including new options to it. Listed below are some examples of the most recent options to sit up for when you replace Adobe Photoshop to the most recent model:
- Help for cell gadgets
- Enhanced Content material-Conscious Fill
- Improved Lens blur with the brand new GPU-based algorithm
- Sooner picture processing
2. Test and Change the File Extension
- Navigate to the folder the place the problematic picture is saved.
- Proper-click on the picture and choose open with Notepad.
- Test what the primary character says. If it says ÿØÿá it means it’s a jpg picture. If it says ‰PNG it means it’s a PNG picture.
- Now if it says ÿØÿá it means it’s good to change the picture extension to jpg.
- Open, File Explorer. Be sure the File Title Extensions field is checked.
- Proper-click on the picture and choose Rename. Now change the file extension from png to jpg.
- Now attempt to open the file within the Photoshop to see if the error is resolved.
This can be a easy answer however it might probably make it easier to to find out the reason for the Not a png file error in Photoshop.
Having extra Photoshop points on Home windows 10? Take a look at these guides for extra data.
3. Resave the picture as PNG
- Navigate to the folder the place the PNG picture is saved.
- Proper-click on the picture and open with Paint.
- Within the Paint app, click on on File > Save As.
- Save the picture as a png file.
- Now attempt to open the picture in Photoshop and examine for any enhancements.
Though it is a workaround, it’s going to be sure that your file is saved as a PNG and through the use of it it’s best to circumvent the Not a png file error in Adobe Photoshop.
4. Disable Use of Graphic Processor
- Launch Photoshop.
- Go to Edit >Preferences >Efficiency
- Within the Efficiency tab, uncheck Use Graphics Processor
- Stop and relaunch Photoshop
- Drag and drop the problematic picture onto the Workarea and examine if the PNG file error is resolved
You could want to make use of Graphic Processor for different 3D associated duties, however a number of customers reported that by disabling this characteristic they mounted the Not a png file Photoshop error.
5. Reset Photoshop Preferences
- Launch Photoshop
- Click on on Edit > Preferences
- Within the Normal tab, click on on Reset Preferences on Stop
- Stop Photoshop and reboot the pc.
- Launch Photoshop and attempt to entry the picture that was giving the error to see if resetting the preferences resolve the error.
Adobe Photoshop Not a png file error will stop you from working with PNG information, however hopefully you managed to repair it after studying this information.