Easy methods to change textual content coloration in Photoshop In Adobe Photoshop, a textual content layer is a particular layer sort that allows you to edit, modify, and freely place textual content components in your Photoshop doc.
To vary the colour of textual content in Photoshop, comply with the steps beneath.
You are watching: how to change text color in photo
Change the colour of all textual content in a layer
To vary the colour of your textual content, comply with these steps.
- If you do not have a textual content layer, create one now and if you have already got a textual content layer skip to the subsequent step. To create a textual content layer, press T to pick out the textual content instrument, then click on anyplace inside your doc to put the textual content cursor. Then sort your textual content. You may press Enter to create a brand new line. While you’re completed, commit the textual content by clicking the test mark (✔) on the choices bar. Or, press Ctrl+Enter (in Home windows) or Command+Enter (in macOS).
- Within the Layers panel, choose your textual content layer by clicking its title. If the Layers panel isn’t open, you possibly can open it by urgent F7, or open the Window menu and select Layers.
- Open the Window menu, and select Character to open the Character panel. Right here, you possibly can change all the pieces about how letters (additionally known as characters) and phrases ought to look, together with the font, font dimension, kerning, and different typographic settings.
- Within the Character panel, click on the Coloration field, which exhibits the colour of your textual content. Clicking it opens the Coloration picker.
- Within the Coloration picker, select your required coloration, and click on OK.
Change the colour of particular letters in a textual content layer
If you wish to change the colour of particular person letters in your textual content layer, comply with these steps.
- Within the Layers panel, choose your textual content layer by clicking its title.
- Press T to make use of the textual content instrument.
- When the textual content cursor isn’t over an current textual content space, the cursor has a dotted field round it, indicating you possibly can click on to create a brand new textual content layer.
Place your textual content cursor over the textual content you wish to edit. The field round your textual content cursor disappears, indicating which you could click on there to edit.
- Spotlight the letters you wish to change. Place your cursor earlier than the primary letter you wish to spotlight. Click on and maintain, and drag the cursor to spotlight textual content.
- Open the Character panel (Window menu, Character). Any modifications you make within the Character panel impacts solely the highlighted letters.
- Click on the Coloration field to open the Coloration picker. Choose a brand new coloration for the highlighted letters, then click on OK.
Repeat this course of to alter the colour of different letters.