Change Color On Simply One Layer
How Do Clipping Masks Work With Adjustment Layers
Say we have now a picture with a number of layers and we solely need to regulate one. If you add an Adjustment Layer, on this instance we’re going to make use of a Hue/Saturation Layer. If you start to vary the hue or saturation, it would have an effect on all the layers under it. Typically we don’t need this to occur so how will we repair it? We use a clipping masks. When you apply a Clipping Masks to an Adjustment Layer, the one layer that’s affected by the modifications made in that Adjustment Layer is the layer immediately under the adjustment layer. This offers us full management over the layer that we would like with out damaging the opposite layers.
Step-by-step Information for Newcomers
1. First, choose the layer that we need to regulate by left-clicking on the layer.
It’s going to present in a lighter shade of gray and the thumbnail could have brackets round it.
You are watching: how to change the color of only one layer in photoshop
2. Subsequent, we have to add a brand new Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer above this chosen layer.
Go to Layer>New Adjustment Layer> Hue/Saturation.
3. Richt-click on the Hue/Saturation layer and choose Create Clipping Masks.
A small down arrow will now seem on the Hue/Saturation layer to indicate it would solely have an effect on the layer instantly beneath.
4. Now we will play with the sliders to vary color on only one layer.
5. Sliding the Hue slider left or proper will change the shade of colors utterly.
6. The Saturation slider controls the energy of color.
7. The Brightness slider speaks for itself, it controls the brightness.
8. All the changes made have will change color on only one layer.
Further Sources Should you appreciated this we additionally produce other strategies to attempt and naturally, our Raya Professional methodology. Learn our Add Superior Colors In Your Pictures article. You may also prefer to learn to Add Color To Highlights For Newcomers.
On-line Sources For a higher understanding of color and the way it may be manipulated in photoshop. I discovered this extra in-depth article on find out how to Match, substitute, and blend colours.