In relation to photograph and video enhancing, Adobe’s apps are top-notch and may deal with something you throw at them. However first, it’s good to set up them in your Mac. Sadly, error code 501 could generally stop you from doing that. This error appears to happen extra regularly on M1 units than Intel-based macOS machines. Effectively, we scoured the net that can assist you out and got here up with this checklist of troubleshooting options that may probably repair error 501.
How Do I Repair Error 501 When Putting in Adobe Merchandise on macOS?
Delete and Reinstall Every part
If the primary set up try failed, be sure to delete all of the Adobe app recordsdata out of your Mac, and empty the Trash folder. Making an attempt to put in the apps whereas retaining the recordsdata from earlier failed set up makes an attempt is just not a good suggestion.
You are watching: photoshop error code 501
Restart your Mac after emptying the Trash folder. Ensure you’re operating the newest Adobe Artistic Cloud App in your machine. Then reinstall all the things recent.
Shut Background Packages
Adobe error 501 could happen when the app you’re putting in is making an attempt to entry a file that’s unavailable. Oftentimes, this situation happens as a result of a special app is utilizing the respective file.
So, launch the Exercise Monitor and force-quit all of the pointless apps operating within the background. On this method, nothing can intrude with the app set up course of. Evidently, for those who’re utilizing an antivirus or VPN, quickly disable these instruments. Then attempt to obtain and set up your Adobe apps once more.
Examine Your Connection
While you’re putting in a brand new program in your Mac, be sure your community connection is steady and dependable. Whereas error 501 isn’t triggered by connectivity points, let’s strike this potential trigger off the checklist.
- Unplug your router, and look ahead to one minute to do away with flea energy.
- Then energy up your community system, and wait till your Mac will get again on-line.
- In the meantime, disconnect all the opposite units utilizing the identical connection.
- Attempt to set up your Adobe apps once more, and examine for those who’re luckier this time round.
- If potential, change to a special connection and examine the outcomes.
Reinstall the Artistic Cloud Desktop App
This may occasionally seem to be a counter-intuitive resolution. It is because Adobe usually recommends that you don’t uninstall the Artistic Cloud desktop app. Sadly, if the app will get corrupted, you gained’t be capable to set up new Artistic Cloud apps. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Artistic Cloud desktop app could allow you to repair the issue.
- First, it’s good to obtain the Artistic Cloud uninstaller.
- However earlier than you run the device, don’t neglect to sync and again up your recordsdata.
- Double-click on the installer, and observe the on-screen directions to take away the app.
- Restart your Mac, reinstall the Artistic Cloud desktop app, and hopefully, error 501 is historical past now.
To repair Adobe app error 501, replace the Adobe Artistic Cloud App to the newest model. Then delete all of the Adobe apps that failed to put in and restart your Mac. Moreover, shut background applications, and unplug your router. If the error persists, reinstall the Artistic Cloud Desktop App.
Did these options allow you to do away with error 501 and eventually set up your Adobe apps? Tell us within the feedback under.