Final up to date: January 11, 2017
Understanding how you can underline textual content in Photoshop CS5 is a helpful ability to have, particularly if you end up making graphics for web sites, or producing different forms of advertising and marketing supplies. Photoshop provides you numerous methods to switch the looks of textual content, akin to altering the textual content font, and practically any design modification that you simply would possibly have to make might be achieved throughout the program.
You are watching: photoshop underline text
The steps beneath will present you how you can underline textual content in Photoshop CS5 when that textual content is contained inside a textual content layer. Photoshop robotically creates new textual content layers everytime you add textual content to a picture throughout the program, so it is possible for you to to attain the results of underlined textual content so long as your Photoshop file accommodates such a layer.
Find out how to Underline Textual content in Photoshop
This tutorial will present you how you can choose some or the entire textual content in a textual content layer, then underline the chosen textual content. If the textual content that you’re attempting to underline is a part of a picture, and never a separate textual content layer, then you will have to both manually draw a line below the textual content or create a brand new textual content layer.
Step 1: Open the file containing the textual content that you simply wish to underline in Photoshop CS5.
Step 2: Click on the textual content layer from the Layers panel that accommodates the textual content that you simply wish to underline.
Step 3: Click on Window on the prime of the Photoshop window, then click on the Character choice. If there’s a verify mark subsequent to the Character choice then you do not want to click on it, as this means that the Character panel is already seen.
Step 4: Click on the Sort Instrument from the toolbox on the left aspect of the window.
Step 5: Use the sort instrument to pick out the textual content that you simply wish to underline.
Step 6: Click on the Underline button within the Character panel on the proper aspect of the window.
Abstract – how you can underline textual content in Photoshop
- Choose the textual content layer to underline within the Layers panel.
- Click on Window on the prime of the window, then click on the Character choice if it isn’t already verify marked.
- Click on the Sort Instrument within the toolbox.
- Choose the textual content that you simply wish to underline.
- Click on the Underline button within the Character window to underline your textual content in Photoshop.
- The textual content have to be in a textual content layer inside a Photoshop PSD file for it to be underlined. You can not underline textual content in Photoshop with this technique whether it is a part of a picture.
- You should use this similar technique to take away underlining from textual content in a textual content layer.
- In case you solely wish to underline a number of the textual content in a layer, then solely choose that a part of the textual content. This technique of underlining textual content in Photoshop doesn’t should be utilized to your complete textual content layer without delay.
Do you must attract Photoshop, however discover it tough with a mouse? There are some USB tablets that work with Photoshop that may be very useful in a lot of these conditions.